After months of preparation and planning, packing and configuring our camper we were on our way heading to the ferry terminal for a 5 p.m. sailing..
Well we made it just north of Levin and had some transmission / engine troubles.
We limped into Levin, parked up near the adventure park so the kids could play and waited for the AA to come and rescue us.
Sounds a bit stink, but let's count some blessings.
- Broke down just prior to the 2hour-before-sailing deadline to change our ferry booking.
- AA motorhome plus coverage (free towing)
- 12 month mechanical guarantee on the motorhome (free fix)
- The kids favourite park to play at.
- A good friend (thanks Gary) who happened to have just purchased a vehicle with enough seats to take the family back to home.
- A quiet nights sleep for Robin waiting for the tow truck.
- Gary got to share Jesus with a hitchhiker. That wouldn't have happened if we hadn't broken down
- We broke-down close to home
- The biggest blessing was having an extra day to spend time with a dear friend who just lost her hubby.